Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Campo Christmas

Just a quick post to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I will be in site tomorrow, doing whatever it is that Ngobes do for Christmas, which from what I´ve gathered, is nothing they don´t do every other day. I will be spreading some cheer by bringing back some chicken tonight for the occasion, and if only as a gift to myself, some cabbage, cucumber, and tomato for a traditional Panamanian salad. As goals 2 and 3 of the three-goal Peace Corps plan are cultural exchange, staying in site is a good thing for me to be doing, and it seems my community appreciates that I´ll be there.

For New Year´s however, I am taking a couple of days off and heading to Bocas
Island with some other volunteers for some R and R.

I´m missing you all, and I hope the holidays find you healthy and happy!

Paz,
Catherine

Pic from Navidad two years ago with the Basham Brothers:

From WinterTime 07-08

2 comments: